The Fareham College Bus Travel Scheme has been developed to help Full Time students with the additional costs of travelling to and from College. The College offers bus passes at subsidised rates which cover the cost of travel for the whole College year.
2018/19 Subsidised Bus Pass Options
To be eligible to purchase a Subsidised Bus Pass you must be:
- Studying on a full time course
- Living at least 3 miles away from the college. We will determine this distance based on the post code you provide on your application form. You can use this web tool to check the distance yourself if you have access to the internet: http://www.freemaptools.com/distance-between-uk-postcodes.htm
Bus Pass Info
Payment & Application Form
When you have decided which pass option is right for you, you can make your payment in the following ways:
- Online via Wisepay (Coming Soon)
If you have been a full time student at the College during 2017/18 you will have already have a Wisepay login. Please use this link to login and make payment:
If you will be new to the College in September 2018 the WisePay facility is not currently available; please make payment in one of the following ways:
- By cheque – Please make cheques payable to Fareham College and send with a completed Subsidised Bus Pass Application form
- By Credit/Debit Card – Please contact Student Services by phone on 01329 815170 to make your payment
For all payment options you will also need to complete and return a Subsidised Bus Pass Application Form
What happens next?
First we will assess your application to ensure that you meet the listed criteria. If you are eligible for a subsidised pass and have made the correct payment then we will produce a bus pass for you or order one on your behalf from the appropriate bus company. If we have received your application form and payment in good time, then you should be able to collect your pass from the first day of College term in September. You will need to collect your pass in person; it cannot be issued to somebody else on your behalf.
Additional Financial Support for Travel Costs
In addition to the College’s Subsidised Bus Travel Schemes, if you are on a low income and will have difficulty paying for subsidised travel you can also apply to the 16- 18 Bursary Fund or Discretionary Learner Support / Advanced Learner Loan Bursary Fund (depending on your age) if you would like us to assess your income. To be eligible for this type of funding students need to have an annual household income below £25,000; if you qualify then it is likely that the College can fund towards a bus pass for you in full or pay you a significant amount towards the cost of rail travel. In the past year the College has been able to assist a significant number of full time learners with cost of bus passes to travel to College so it is well worth applying for financial support if the cost of travel will be a barrier to you.