Fareham College offers the following range of part time courses at varying levels to assist you in developing and expanding your skills and knowledge in Business. The College may run multiple dates per course. Dates are added regularly, so please visit again or call if you are interested.
- Start date: 11.02.2019 – 15.02-2019 | Mon – Fri | 09:00 – 13:00
- Duration: 5 Days
- Requirements: There are no formal requirements to begin this course.
- Details: The course aims to provide the skills required to deliver efficient and reliable customer service, gaining an understanding of customer expectations and needs in order to deal
effectively with customers’ queries and complaints.
Assessment will be via examination that will focus on the following four outcomes:
1. How to deliver good customer service
2. The different communication methods
3. How to provide good customer service in line with organisational procedures
4. How to effectively deal with customer queries, problems and complaints.
- Progression: These skills will help gain employment within customer service environment, or develop in your existing workplace.
- Fees: £150
- Start date: 12.09.2018 – 10.07.2019 | Wed | 18:00 – 21:00
- Duration: One Year
- Requirements: Four GCSEs A*- C, including Grade C or above in English Language plus a successful interview with an initial assessment.
- Details: This course will equip you with the essential secretarial/administration skills and legal knowledge needed to work within a legal environment. These skills can also be transferred to any office environment. You will cover a range of topics, including key areas of legal practice such as probate, conveyancing, litigation, family and corporate law. You will also develop key skills such as the accurate production of documents plus interview and negotiation skills.
- Content: You will study a selection of units including:
■ Legal word processing and audio typing
■ Working in the legal environment
■ Proof reading
■ ILEX award in information processing
■ OCR Level 2 award in text processing
■ Business professional Edexcel award in work skills Level 2
Students will complete assignments at the end of each module. These are internally marked by tutors and externally verified by examining bodies. In addition,
students will sit an externally set and marked proof-reading test as well as an externally examined OCR text processing qualification.
- Progression: Employment in a variety of environments including solicitors, courts, banking, insurance and large commercial companies legal departments. Progression to Level 3 Diploma for Legal Secretaries.
- Fees: £735 Please note that the fee indicated can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
- Start Date: 12.09.2018 – 10.07.2019 | Wed | 18:00 – 21:00
- Duration: One Year
- Requirements: Level 2 Diploma in Legal Secretarial Studies. A good level of general education to include a minimum of GCSE grade C/4 in English Language.
- Details: This one year course will provide you with a nationally-recognised vocational qualification as well as impressive employability skills to help you enter into the fascinating world of law.
- Content: You will take additional advanced level business skills qualifications alongside your Legal Secretarial Diploma to further enhance your prospects.
Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is developed throughout the course’s duration. The Level 3 Diploma has a specialist focus on legal procedures and practice so by the time you have completed the course you will have a very good working knowledge of the law as applied on an everyday basis, enabling you to work in both specialist and general secretarial environments. You will complete advanced units in legal word processing and business skills in the legal environment. In addition you will further develop your general office skills and become more technically proficient within the general and legal secretarial environments.
- Assessment: You will complete this course through a series of practical assessments as well as a proofreading exam.
- Progression: This course prepares you to go straight into work in either a general or a legal secretarial role. For those wishing to continue their studies part time whilst working and become a Legal Executive we offer the CILEx Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Law and Practice.
- Considerations: You will be required to take part in work experience, and acceptance on to the course will be based on successful interview and obtaining a satisfactory reference from your last school, college or employer.
- Fees: £1,987 Please note that the fee indicated can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
- Start date: 11.09.2018 – 09.07.2019 | Tues | 18:00 – 21:00
- Duration: One year
- Requirements: Minimum of four GCSEs at grades C/4 or above including English and Maths. Ideally you will be working in a legal environment, such as a firm of solicitors or a legal department.
- Details: CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice forms the first academic stage in the process of becoming a Chartered Legal Executive lawyer. The course recognises the growing number of students who are either interested in a short but rounded introduction to law and practice or have a specific learning need within an area of law and legal practice.
- Content: During this one year course you will complete a total of five units:
■ Introduction to law and practice
■ Civil litigation
■ Law of tort
■ Client care skills
■ Legal research skills
- Assessment: You will be required to sit three externally assessed exams. In addition, you will complete coursework for the two Skills units which is moderated by CILEx.
- Progression: Completing this one-year course will enable you to progress to the next academic stage of the CILEx qualification, the Diploma. It will offer employment opportunities within the legal services sector, e.g. litigation executive, employment claims executive, senior paralegal, conveyancing assistant.
- Considerations: The course will be delivered in a classroom environment with an expectation you will commit to an element of independent study.
- Fees: £1,265 Please note that the fee indicated can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
- Start Date: 13.09.2018 – 11.07.2019 | Thurs | 18:00 – 21:00
- Duration: One year
- Requirements: You need to have successfully completed the CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice to progress to the Diploma.
- Details: This is the second year of CILEx Level 3 academic training to becoming a CILEx lawyer.
- Content: The course is compliant with the CILEx qualification requirements and includes both substantive law subjects such as contract law and land law; practice subjects such as civil litigation and skills subjects. The course is designed to not only provide an education in core law subjects but also to train the student in how
to apply the law and develop the skills needed to make them a professional and respected lawyer.
- Assessment: The assessments are regulated by CILEx, are twice a year and consist mainly of unseen exams. The skills units are assessed by written coursework.
- Progression: In conjunction with qualifying employment in a legal environment, completion of the Diploma will enable you to progress to Level 6 and eventually qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive.
- Fees: £2,573 Please note that the fee indicated can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
- Start Date: 13.09.2018 – 18.06.2020 | Thurs | 10:00 – 17:00
- Duration: Two year
- Content: This qualification provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required for careers in computing and systems development.
Then the course could be free! Some courses are eligible for funding if you are an unemployed individual, on a state benefit* and you want to enter employment and need the skills from one of our funded courses to achieve this.
* (Income Support (universal credit), Job Seekers, ESA contribution Based, ESA work related activity group. Includes SFA funded courses only. You must be aged 19-23 on 31 August 2014. You must produce evidence of the benefit in your name when you enrol. Concessions do not apply to higher education courses.
Full details regarding funding and eligibility will be provided upon application.
The fee for your chosen course is listed in the individual course sections accessed on this page. It includes the cost of tuition plus the cost of any exam and registration fee charged by the exam board (if applicable).
Some courses may require you to pay extra costs for things such as course books, trips, and specialist equipment or clothing. If your course has any additional costs, you will be notified before enrolment. You can also contact the College on call 01329 815 200 to find out more.
If you have not been resident in the UK, EU or EEA for more than three years before the start of your course (excluding any time spent in full-time education), different course fees may apply to you – please call 01329 815 200 to find out more. Fareham College cannot sponsor Tier 4 student visas.
You will need to complete an Employer Authorisation form, and return to the Enrolments team, and your employer will be invoiced accordingly.
You can pay by cash, cheque, credit or debit card. And for courses over £500 we offer a payment by instalment service to help spread the cost of your course. A £250 minimum deposit is required if you choose to pay by instalments. Please contact the College for more information.
For further assistance or to speak to an adviser please call
01329 815 200
Please note, Part Time course fees are annualised and, unless otherwise stated, apply to each year of your course.