Our part time courses will set you on your way to becoming a teacher, a workplace trainer or an assessor and will open up many fulfilling career options for you.
Fareham College offers a range of Higher Education courses to assist you in developing and expanding your skills and knowledge in Construction Trades. The College may run multiple dates per course. Dates are added regularly, so please visit again or call if you are interested.
The following courses will be available for 2018-19
Start date: Enquire at application
- Duration: Five days
- Requirements: This course requires prior knowledge in all areas of electrical installation work and the current 17th Edition Requirements BS7671 and the Level 3 test and inspect qualification.
- Details: This is a high level course for those wishing to move into the design work of electrical installations. It is intended for personnel in electrical contracting companies who have responsibility for the quality of the design, specification, installation and testing process.
- Content: During this course you will study a range of topics, including:
■ Learn, develop & practice design skills
■ Design management
■ Construction management
■ Initial verification of design plans
■ Practice of scoping electrical plans
- Assessment: This course will conclude with a three hour written exam paper, plus you will be required to complete a portfolio of work dependent on the project exam question.
- Progression: Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering.
This course could be free! You will be eligible if you are aged 19-24 on the 31st August of the year you are starting your course and are actively seeking employment and in receipt of a means tested benefit (such as job seekers). Please note you will need to be able to produce evidence of the benefit in your name when you come to enrol.
Edit & Print this Page
Are You Interested?
For any assistance or advice on funding call
01329 815 200.
Please note, Part Time course fees are annualised and, unless otherwise stated, apply to each year of your course.