This 6 hour CPD training programme covers the following areas:
- What is gender?
- What is gender diversity?
- The history of gender
- Benjamin’s Gender Disorientation Scale
- Whalley’s Continua
- Genderbread Man
- Lili Elbe
- Laurence Michael Dillon
- Transitioning: Gender Confirmation
- Young People & Gender Diversity
- Working with gender in therapy
- Transgender & mental health
The session will be run by Ally Cummings MA, BA, BA(hons), MNCSaccred, MBACP who has the following training and experience
- Gestalt/Integrative Counsellor – from 2009
- Psychotherapist – from 2018
- Youth Worker – 2005 to 2017
- Mental Health First Aid Facilitator (Public Health England) – from 2021
- Trainer – from 2009
- Trainee Supervisor – from 2023
Ally has worked with the LGBT+ community as a youth worker and therapist. She also has experience with the trans community to support transitioning adults and has trained numerous counsellors, therapists, social workers, teachers and teaching support staff, police (LAGLO’s), emergency services, Hampshire County Council staff on understanding gender, gender diversity and how to support gender divergent young people and adults.
Attendance and participation during the 6 hour session.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.