This course is out our partner site within Bridgemary School, Gosport.
The Forces Ready Programme is a Full Time College Course. It incorporates a Level 1 or 2 Level Diploma in Entry into the Uniformed Sevices and an extensive fitness programme designed to get you to the level of fitness required to get into the Armed Forces. We also undertake Leadership Training within the course to give you a head start when you join the Services. Other colleges do not offer such training.
We run a rolling programme so you can join at any time and offer an extensive enrichment programme which is not available at any other college. This includes:
- Planning and conducting a military style ‘Hostage Rescue’ exercise.
- Sport, fitness and physical training every day to ensure you pass your Forces Fitness Test first time.
- Make camp in a forest area, cook on a camp fire and engage with the ’enemy’.
- Visits around HM Warships
- Trips to Military Bases and shows
- Outdoor challenges against other colleges
- Briefing by Army Infantry soldiers
- Briefing by serving Royal Marine Commandos
- Presentation by RAF Recruiting Team
- Fitness training taken by Royal Navy Physical Training Instructors
- Briefings by Royal Military Police, Royal Navy Police and Special Investigations Branch
- Practical demonstrations by Royal Navy Police including fingerprinting, self defence. handcuffing
- Demonstration and briefing by RAF Police Dog handler (briefing by handler – not dog!)
- Tour Scenes of Crime Unit with an in depth briefing by qualified CSI
- Briefing and demonstration by Royal Navy Clearance Divers
- Visit to Close Protection Unit with in depth briefing by qualified Close Protection Officer
- Briefing by a qualified sniper with demonstration of camouflage techniques. (You won’t see him at first, even though he will be less than 20 yards away!)
- Fund raising for good causes such as Help for Heroes
- Mock Army, Navy, Air Force interviews with serving Armed Forces Careers Advisors
- Being guests at Military Passing Out Parades
- Visit to Territorial Army (TA) Centre with briefings about how to join the TA
- Briefing by a qualified Bomb Disposal Expert with demonstration of bomb disposal techniques. (Find out how difficult and scary this is!)
There is of course classroom work to be done to ensure that you get your qualifications, but we try our very best to ensure that this is kept only to what you need.
What will you achieve?
If you sign up for the ‘Forces Ready’ programme and work hard, show the right attitude and commitment, you can expect to achieve the following:
- A Level 1 or Level 2 Diploma in Entry into the Uniformed Services. Both if you stay for 2 years
- An Emergency First Aid at Work Qualification
- A Military Leadership Award
- A superb fitness level which is designed to enable you to pass your Army, Navy or Air Force Fitness Test at the first attempt
- A formal appraisal from Military Mentors to the Armed Forces Careers Office or your prospective employer.
1 Year Full Time
This is a very active programme which lasts about a year. There are NO EXAMS to worry about as your work is assessed as we move through the course.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.