The Level 1 Introductory to Computing is designed as a pathway into further study within the Digital Industries sector. It will give you the opportunity to explore a range of creative and technical forms as well as develop the transferable skills, attributes and behaviours needed for progression to further study and ultimately onto employment.
During your time on the course, you will study:
- Developing digital information
- Using digital communication technologies
- Creating a spreadsheet to solve problems
- Creating a Computer Program
- Creating a digital animated graphic
- Solving Technical IT Problems
In addition, working on skills for employment through completion of units such as;
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression
- Working with Others
- Researching a Topic
Your lessons will take place in state of art industry standard work space which allow for practical workshops to take place alongside theoretical study. Sessions will largely be project based and assessed via assignments, presentations, and events.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.