The Level 1 Art, Design & Media course is designed as a pathway to further study within the Art & Design, and Media sectors. It will give you the opportunity to explore a range of creative forms and experiment with numerous physical and digital techniques as you develop your own style and unique skill set that will inform your progression to further courses.
The Level 1 Art & Design programme includes units in:
- Introduction to materials, processes and skills in art, design and media
- Introduction to contextual research in art, design and media
- Introduction to communication skills in art, design and media
- Solving 2D creative problems
- Solving 3D creative problems
- Solving time-based creative problems
- An extended Art, design and media project
Your lessons will take place in spacious art studios, media editing suites and a fully kitted out TV studio allowing for practical workshops to take place alongside theory or reflection sessions.
Availability & Enrolment:
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.