This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
- How to work in end of life care
- The support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- How dementia impacts on end of life care
- The role of the care worker in time of death
- The loss and grief process.
This qualification consists of 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand how to work in end of life care
- Unit 02 Care planning in end of life care
- Unit 03 Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Unit 04 End of life care and dementia
- Unit 05 Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Unit 06 Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.