This qualification aims to:
Provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur
- Develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes
- Develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- Develop understanding of ongoing care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand diabetes
- Unit 02 Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Unit 03 Understand the initial care of diabetes
- Unit 04 Understand the treatment and management of diabetes
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
Availability & Enrolment:
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.