This course will prepare you to pursue a career within Aerospace and Aviation industry, it covers knowledge and skills relevant to the sector and provide a hands-on approach to your studies, this qualification is for learners who are interested in developing specific skills and competency for the industry.
The course covers a range of skills and knowledge including:
- Health and safety
- Working efficiently
- Using and communicating technical information
- Business improvement techniques
- CAD drawing
- Producing components using hand techniques
- Installing aircraft mechanical fasteners
- Producing aircraft detail assemblies.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.