Diploma in Hair & Beauty Skills (Hairdressing Route)
One year – Full time
Hairdressing Promo Video
Five GCSEs at grade 9-3 including English and Maths, or a full Level 1 Hairdressing qualification with a ‘stepping stone’ English and Maths qualification.
This course will teach you the basic skills required for hairdressing by attending and participating in practical workshop sessions in our training salons, working on peers, mannequin heads and family and friends. Also you will attend theory lessons and complete assignments for each unit.
Your study programme will consist of the following units:
- Creating an image based on a theme
- Client and customer skills
- Creating and maintaining a retail display area in the salon
- Promoting yourself and preparing for a job interview
- Promoting and selling products and services to clients
- Working in the hair and beauty industries
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Basic plaiting and twisting hair
- Colouring hair using semi-permanent colour
- Basic cutting techniques for women’s hair
- Blow drying and finishing hair
- Basic winding techniques
- Shampooing and treating hair
This is a demanding course and home study will be essential.
Once you have completed this first
year you will be able to progress on to the full time Level 2 Technical Diploma in Hairdressing course or find employment in a hair salon as an apprentice.