This course will teach you the foundation of site carpentry to help you gain the skills and knowledge needed to work on-site.
You will learn through a combination of practical lessons in our fully equipped workshops and classroom sessions to reinforce the hands-on techniques you will develop. You will also benefit from excellent English and Maths lessons to ensure you have all the entry requirements needed to progress to a Level 3 course.
The skills you will learn include:
- Care and use of hand and power tools
- First fix Ð building floors and roofs
- First fix Ð fitting door frames, partition walls and stairs
- Second fix Ð fitting doors, skirting boards and kitchens
- Health and safety and safe use of static machines.
You are expected to complete 100 hours of work experience which will be supported through the College.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.