This course will introduce you to the public and uniformed services sector. Taking part in practical and physical training is an integral part of the course and you will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of exciting and often adventurous visits and activities.Volunteering is a key part of the programme to increase awareness of your social responsibility.
The course will cover:
- Investigation of employment opportunities in the uniformed services
- Participation in all aspects of physical fitness
- Leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills development
- Map reading and navigation
- Participation in a uniformed services routine, including drill and military training
- Volunteering within a chosen organisation
- A range of adventurous activities
- Interaction with serving staff from a range of public services.
You will attend course-related visits to organisations such as the Police, Army, Fire Service, RAF and Navy and will participate in troop based challenges and activities.
Availability & Enrolment:
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.