Level 2 Diploma in Uniformed Services
One Year – Full time
Five GCSEs at grade 9-3 including English and Maths, or a full Level 1 qualification with a ‘stepping stone’ English and Maths qualification.
This course will introduce you to the public and uniformed services sector. Taking part in practical and physical training is an integral part of the course and you will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of exciting and often adventurous visits and activities. Volunteering is a key part of the programme to increase awareness of your social responsibility.
The course will cover:
- Investigation of employment opportunities in the uniformed services
- Participation in all aspects of physical fitness
- Leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills development
- Map reading and navigation
- Participation in a uniformed services routine, including drill and military training
- Volunteering within a chosen organisation
- A range of adventurous activities
- Interaction with serving staff from a range of public services
You will attend course-related visits to organisations such as the Police, Army, Fire Service, RAF and Navy and will participate in troop based challenges and activities.
If you achieve your predicted grade, you will be eligible for progression to the Level 3 Uniformed Public Services course.