This course will enable you to learn the basic skills required for hairdressing. You will attend and participate in practical workshop sessions in our training salons working on peers, mannequin heads, friends and family. You will attend theory lessons and complete assignments and/or exams for each unit.
Your study programme will consist of the following units:
- The art of dressing hair
- Client consultation for hair services
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Working in the hair industry
- Cutting womens hair
- Colour and lighten hair
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Salon reception duties
- Daily stock to promote sales in the salon
- Promote products and services to clients in the salon
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector.
This is a demanding course and home study will be essential.
Availability & Enrolment:
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.