Diploma in Hair & Beauty Skills (Beauty Route)
One Year – Full time
Five GCSEs at grade 9-3 including English and Maths, or a full Level 1 qualification with a ‘stepping stone’ English and Maths qualification.
This course will enable you to learn the basic skills required to work in the beauty industry. You will attend and participate in practical workshop sessions in our training salons working on peers, family and friends. You will also attend theory lessons and complete assignments for each unit.
Your study programme will consist of the following units:
- Creating an image based on a theme
- Working in hair and beauty industries
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Client and customer skills
- Creating and maintaining a retail display area in the salon
- Promoting yourself and preparing for a job interview
- Promoting and selling products and services to clients
- Basic nail art
- Eyebrow shaping
- Basic skincare
- Basic manicure
- Basic pedicure
- Basic photographic make-up
This is a demanding course and home study will be essential.
Once you have completed this first year you will be able to progress on to the full time Level 2 Technical Diploma in Beauty Therapy course or seek employment in a hair salon as an apprentice.