Five GCSEs at grade 9-4 including Science, English and Maths.
This course will prepare you to pursue a career within the aircraft maintenance industry and is predominantly practical.
The course covers a range of skills and knowledge including:
- Complying with statutory regulations and
- organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement techniques
- Producing mechanical engineering drawings using a CAD system
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Installing aircraft mechanical fasteners
- Producing aircraft detail assemblies
Upon successful completion you can progress to a one year Diploma in Aerospace & Aviation Knowledge qualification. On successful completion of both the Competence and Knowledge qualifications, and subject to a satisfactory performance review and relevant in-year progression assessments, you could embark upon the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering.