This qualification will help learners to understand their role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care or support, the development and implementation of care plans and contributing to the review of these by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities they’re responsible for.
This qualification aims to develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of:
- The principles and processes of person-centred thinking, planning and review
- How to work with individuals to carry out activities specified in their care or support plan, including person-centred assessment, planning, implementation and review
- The promotion of health and well-being through nutrition and hydration
- Supporting individuals to maintain personal hygiene
- Supporting individuals to manage continence and the use of continence equipment
- Supporting individuals with sleep
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the mandatory units.
The Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning is internally assessed.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.