This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the 6 mandatory units as detailed in the qualification specification.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.