This advanced specialist course is for artistic students who wish to work as a hair and make-up artist within the TV, film, theatre or fashion industries.
Your study programme will cover the following units:
- Make-up for performers (TV, film and fashion)
- Airbrushing (face and body)
- Special effects make-up
- Prosthetic application
- Body painting
- Character design and application methods
- Period make-up design and application
- Period hair design and styling
- Hair styling and dressing for performers
- Theatrical make-up and hair styling
- Fantasy hair design and styling
- Wig making, maintenance and styling
- Production arts workshops to support in performance
- Production for theatre performance.
You will develop creative sketchbook work which will be presented on your own online blog which can then be used as your professional portfolio on completion of the course. The blog will demonstrate your research and design process as part of your assessments; written assignments also form a portion of this qualification, as well as practical assessments and regular self-assessment and evaluation.
You will also be required to purchase the hair and make-up kit that supports your study using professional brands and products currently used in industry (Kryolan). You will be required to take part in a range of work experience placements and off-site trips related to your course.
Availability & Enrolment:
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.