The Level 3 qualification in barbering includes some of the following units:
- Creatively cutting mens hair using a variety of skills and techniques
- Advanced clipper work
- Designing and creating facial shapes
- Provide professional shaving services to clients
- Developing and promoting hair events to clients
- Skills, knowledge and salon craft to further your career
An element of home study will be expected to be able to complete written assignments needed to support an understanding of technical theory which will then be put into practice carrying out practical tasks.
The course will be assessed through the use of written task, practical tasks and oral questioning. Practical assessments will be completed at Fareham College training salon. An element of home study will be expected to support the completion of written tasks.
Availability & Enrolment:
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.