This course will enable students to develop their knowledge to diagnose complex problems and repair motorsport vehicles. The qualification includes the understanding of materials,
fabrication, tools and measuring, with units in the following areas:
- Event regulations
- Setting up motorsport vehicles
- Inspecting a motorsport vehicle during competitions
- Diagnosis and rectification of engine ancillary components
- Diagnosis and rectification of transmission and driveline faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of chassis
- System faults.
All learners will receive a broad knowledge of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in the motorsport industry. You will also have the opportunity to study additional specialist units to gain further knowledge relating to motorsport maintenance and repair.
Assessment will be through a combination of practical assessments, online and written knowledge tests.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.