Diploma In Site Carpentry
One year – Full time
Five GCSEs at grade 9-4 including English and Maths, or a full Level 2 qualification in Site Carpentry.
This course combines both practical and theoretical elements. The aim of the course is to give you an advanced understanding and the practical skills required for the field of site carpentry.
The skills you will learn include:
- Complex – building floors and roofs
- Complex – building door frames, wall partitions and stairs
- Safe use of static machines
- Health and safety
- Management and pricing of construction work
- Making mouldings and jigs
Safety boots will be required in the workshop. Other personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided. You are welcome to bring a tool bag containing your preferred tools if you wish. You will be responsible for these at all times.
This qualification leads directly into employment as a fully qualified site carpenter, or on to a higher level Apprenticeship.