This Level 3 course will cover topics such as:
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Gel polish application and techniques
- Silk wrap
- Tip application, natural overlay and sculpture
- Pink and white (a French manicure)
- 3D art and coloured acrylic
- Electric Filing
- Health & Safety, Client Services and Client Welfare
- Setting up your own business
- Product and Service Display
The subject consists of anatomy and physiology, technical theory to support treatments and practical application of manicure, pedicure and nail art skills.
The course will be assessed through the use of written task, practical tasks and oral questioning. Practical assessments will be completed at Fareham College training salon. An element of home study will be expected to support the completion of written tasks.
Availability & Enrolment:
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £25,000. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Careers Team on 01329 815 200.