Todays salon’s are driven and powered by technology, high customer expectations and an ever changing modern environment.
The Level 4 Salon Management programme is a professional qualification where you will gain in-depth knowledge and further develop your skills in managing and developing a modern salon. It is vital to encourage teamwork in any business setting and you will learn how to create and sustain high performing teams delivered by industry leading professional and multi salon owner, Lloyd Hughes within the Academy set-up at Fareham College. The Academies Barbering, Aesthetics and Hair & Beauty are innovating and exciting environments to grow and progress your expertise leading to a successful career in management, whilst developing a wide range of transferable skills.
This course will take you through the different aspects of supervising, managing and developing personnel and the business development systems required to successfully manage a business.
· Management of health, safety & security in the salon
· Quality management of client care in the hair and beauty sector
· Sales management in the hair and beauty sector
· Public relations in in the hair and beauty sector
· Salon management
Example additional Units:
· Research in the hair and beauty sector
· Marketing in the hair and beauty sector
· Human resource management within the hair and beauty sector
You will be assessed through a variety of methods including essays, assignments, projects, reports and presentations. There will be an element of independent study.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.