This course is ideal for students who are looking to embark upon a range of different careers within the creative media industries, and particularly those in film and television.
- Filmmaking including scriptwriting, shooting and editing
- Identify sources of film financing and develop a pitch to apply to a funding body
- Film marketing and promotion
- Local TV news studio production
- Producing a single camera TV news report
- New media distribution technologies: including generating an income from YouTube
- Developing a career in the film and media industry
- Introduction to film theory including Auteur theory, feminist film theory and post modernism.
Assessment will be through written assignments and practical assessment which will comprise your final portfolio. There is no final written exam but a substantial amount of written and theory work will be involved.
The College has fully equipped studio spaces and editing suites in addition to a variety of production technology including microphones, lights, DSLR cameras, 4K Multi-camera live streaming kit and a high specification Black Magic digital film camera, all of which are available for student use.
1 Year Higher National Certificate (HNC), 1 year Higher National Diploma (HND).
Availability & Enrolment:
Tuition fees are payable for all Higher Education courses and the fee for this course is displayed in the information above. This can be paid for in a number of ways:
• HE Loan (or Advanced Learner Loan for some courses)
• Instalment Plan
• Lump sum
HE Loans are easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £25,000.
If you applying for our Level 4 Creative Enterprise Diploma, there may be no fees to pay if you are under 19 at the start of the course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.