The Higher National Certificate in Music takes a unique and pioneering approach to training. Understanding that many of our musicians intend to make a career in the arts, entertainment and education industries, the HNC in Music can be combined with a teaching qualification that will further enhance musical skill and help young musicians to understand the theory behind effective music teaching, while building their ability to plan and deliver teaching activities.
Students will be expected to work independently to professional standards in state-of-the-art rehearsal and digital recording studios.
This programme aims to:
- Provide knowledge of the fundamental aspects of music, music technology and instrumental teaching
- Enable the development of practical skills in music performance and technology
- Focus on the knowledge, skills and understanding required to support learning in a range of vocational settings
- Develop the professional skills needed to meet real-life musical situations
- Develop employability, through the personal, critical and transferable skills that work effectively across a variety of music industry settings
- Provide an opportunity to create a professional portfolio of both performance and recorded work.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
Tuition fees are payable for all Higher Education courses and the fee for this course is displayed in the information above. This can be paid for in a number of ways:
• HE Loan (or Advanced Learner Loan for some courses)
• Instalment Plan
• Lump sum
HE Loans are easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £25,000.
If you applying for our Level 4 Creative Enterprise Diploma, there may be no fees to pay if you are under 19 at the start of the course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.