If you are interested in becoming a personal trainer, our industry-standard gym, sports science centre and newly refurbished sports hall will provide you with a first class experience, while being taught by experts in the field.
- Start Date:17.09.2018 – 26.06.2019 | Mon | 18:00 – 21:00
- Duration: 30 weeks – one x three hour twilight session per week
- Requirements: Previous study at Level 2 in a sport and/or exercise related discipline. Experience in the industry.
- Details: The course is practically based and comprises classroom learning in our modern facilities including sports science laboratory, sports hall and fully equipped gym that is open to the public.
- Content: Learners will develop the knowledge and skills needed to plan and instruct exercise programmes for gym based exercise for apparently healthy adults of all ages; they will also learn how to provide effective support for clients who take part in exercise and physical activity. It is aimed at learners who want to undertake full time study but are unsure of what direction to take in this sector.
- Assessment: Portfolio based evidence collection and practical assessment.
- Progression: Progression to full time Apprenticeships in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training or Leisure and Facilities Management.
- Fees: £811
- Exam fee: £73
- Please note that the fee indicated can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Then the course could be free! Some courses are eligible for funding if you are an unemployed individual, on a state benefit* and you want to enter employment and need the skills from one of our funded courses to achieve this.
* (Income Support (universal credit), Job Seekers, ESA contribution Based, ESA work related activity group. Includes SFA funded courses only. You must be aged 19-23 on 31 August 2014. You must produce evidence of the benefit in your name when you enrol. Concessions do not apply to higher education courses.
Full details regarding funding and eligibility will be provided upon application.
The fee for your chosen course is listed in the individual course sections accessed on this page. It includes the cost of tuition plus the cost of any exam and registration fee charged by the exam board (if applicable).
Some courses may require you to pay extra costs for things such as course books, trips, and specialist equipment or clothing. If your course has any additional costs, you will be notified before enrolment. You can also contact the College on call 01329 815 200 to find out more.
If you have not been resident in the UK, EU or EEA for more than three years before the start of your course (excluding any time spent in full-time education), different course fees may apply to you – please call 01329 815 200 to find out more. Fareham College cannot sponsor Tier 4 student visas.
You will need to complete an Employer Authorisation form, and return to the Enrolments team, and your employer will be invoiced accordingly.
You can pay by cash, cheque, credit or debit card. And for courses over £500 we offer a payment by instalment service to help spread the cost of your course. A £250 minimum deposit is required if you choose to pay by instalments. Please contact the College for more information.
For further assistance or to speak to an adviser please call
01329 815 200
Please note, Part Time course fees are annualised and, unless otherwise stated, apply to each year of your course.