This new and exciting course will enable you to develop the skills and knowledge needed for a rewarding career in Business Leadership or Management. As one of our T Level programmes, this two year technical study programme has been developed with global, national and local businesses to cover specialist content that is required in the business sector.
During your first year you will study:
- Business context and the different types of organisations and the environments in which they operate
- People and the ways in which different types of organisations ensure that they have the right people to meet their aims and objectives
- Quality and compliance and the importance of maintaining and improving quality in all aspects of organisations
- Finance and financial reporting
- Policies and procedures and how and why organisations develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), how they are measured and their impact on individual’s roles
- Project and change management and why organisations need to make continuous improvements
- Business behaviours and the importance of good communication and being open to adaptations.
This underpinning knowledge will provide opportunity for you to specialise in the area of Leadership and Management in your second year.
On completion of this specialism, you will be able to;
- Lead, manage and develop individuals and teams to deliver outcomes
- Build relationships with colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- Deliver core operational tasks and plans
- Manage and implement projects
- Apply governance and compliance requirements.
Over the two years a variety of assessment methods will be used and include exams, 45-day industrial placement, employer project and synoptic assessment. The 45-day high quality industry placement will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with a leading employer either every week and/or on a block placement to develop the right knowledge, technical skills and professional behaviours for working in this evolving sector.
Lessons will take place in our professional suites and provide opportunity to take part in a series of events and masterclasses that will see you work with our partner employers, allowing you to apply the theory and skills learnt in college to real industry situations.
Availability & Enrolment:
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.