Our part time courses will set you on your way to becoming a teacher, a workplace trainer or an assessor and will open up many fulfilling career options for you.
Fareham College offers a range of Higher Education courses to assist you in developing and expanding your skills and knowledge in Teaching & Learning. The College may run multiple dates per course. Dates are added regularly, so please visit again or call if you are interested.
Start date: 30.10.2017 | Day of week: Mon | Time: 15.00-17.00
- Duration: One year
- Requirements: You will need GCSE in English and Maths or equivalents and must be working a minimum of 12 hours per week in an advice and guidance role.
- Details: The course is suitable for those working directly with clients in organisations providing advice and guidance services. Your employment will involve providing specialist advice and guidance to clients, reporting to senior management and networking with associated services and managing, negotiating, training, evaluating and developing the service provision. Students completing
Level 4 must be aged 18yrs+.
- Content: Level 4 you must achieve:
■ Five mandatory units that include topics such as legislation, interaction, managing caseloads, networking and evaluation of own contribution.
■ Option units that are personal to the learners but could include topics such as creating materials, negotiation, facilitate learning in groups and undertaking research.
Delivery occurs once per week in a mixed Level 3 and Level 4 group, with some taught sessions as well as support workshops.
- Assessment: You will be assessed through a complete portfolio of evidence gathered from your employment. This might include observations in the work setting, emails, written tasks and annotated documents.
- Progression: Progress to a higher level in your current employment. Roles such as business link advisor, citizen advice bureau, counselling or on to other
- Considerations: You will need to be observed in your workplace and be self-motivated. Level 4 learners must be reporting to a senior manager and networking
with associated services as well as be working for a minimum of 12 hours in an advice and guidance role.
- Fees: £2,225
Multiple start dates available
- Duration: Maximum of 30 weeks. One to four weeks of theory plus assessing a professional discussion.
- Requirements: Ideally you will be a qualified assessor working within a qualification framework or working within a qualification framework in a quality lead role.
- Details: The VTCT Level 4 award in internal quality assurance of assessment processes & practice is a practical based qualification for those who maintain the
quality of assessment within an organisation or centre.
- Content: The course is made up of two units:
■ Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
■ Internally assuring the quality of assessment
- Assessment: Through assignment and production of a portfolio of evidence and observation of practice.
- Progression: Level 4 certificate in leading internal quality assurance of assessment process & practice.
- Considerations: The course is available on request dates, times and number of classroom sessions will be discussed at the first session. For the practical observation you will need a minimum of two assessors to verify as part of the process.
- Fees: £504
Start date: 11.09.2017 | Day of week: Mon | Time: 15.00-18.00
Start date: 18.04.2018 | Day of week: Weds | Time: 17.30-20.30
- Duration: 54 weeks
- Requirements: Level 3 award in education and training or equivalent qualification. GCSE C or above in English, Maths or similar, or be working towards these qualifications. A minimum of 100 hours teaching over the duration of the programme.
- Details: Highly successful student centred practical focused Level 5 programme that equips students to teach in the ever changing climate of education and training. The course includes a variety of approaches and strategies for effective and inclusive teaching, learning and assessment. The course is taught holistically over five terms to develop the combination of essential skills and knowledge to be applied within the sector. A nationally recognised qualification that will provide you with skills to teach in further education. This will provide you with personal skills and attributes for teaching, assessing and supporting learners.
- Content: Four mandatory units equalling 75 credits plus the three additional units of:
■ Action research
■ Teaching in a specialist area
■ Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
- Assessment: Through written assignments, presentations, a minimum of eight observations over the duration of the course and production of a portfolio of reflective journal activities.
■ Further higher educational teaching qualifications
■ Employment in teaching
■ Educational support roles.
■ QTLS status may be gained
- Considerations: Candidates will need a regular teaching or training commitment over the two year period of the course. You will need to show that you have a total of 100 hours in the classroom. It is important to secure teaching hours before embarking on this programme as it is an integral part of the course.
- Fees: £2,225
This course could be free! You will be eligible if you are aged 19-24 on the 31st August of the year you are starting your course and are actively seeking employment and in receipt of a means tested benefit (such as job seekers). Please note you will need to be able to produce evidence of the benefit in your name when you come to enrol.
Edit & Print this Page
Are You Interested?
For any assistance or advice on funding call
01329 815 200.
Please note, Part Time course fees are annualised and, unless otherwise stated, apply to each year of your course.