Online learning is a flexible and cost-effective way to complete a fully-accredited training course anytime, anywhere. It offers an excellent opportunity for learners who want to build their confidence, change career direction, update their knowledge, and improve their skills – without the need to attend regular classes on the College site.
Our online courses provide an engaging, effective, accessible, and affordable way to undertake training, whilst benefiting from the same level of support and guidance from our outstanding tutors.
Many of the online courses we offer are free of charge, so if you are eligible you will not have to pay any course fees.
Online learning offers you:
- Study at a time and place that suits you. This means online learning can often fit around other commitments such as family or employment.
- Increased flexibility and convenience. With most of our online courses, you can start them at any time throughout the year and schedule your study around work, family, and other commitments.
- High levels of dedicated one-to-one online support and mentoring from expert tutors.
- An individualised learning experience, with the opportunity for focused interaction and concentration.
- A more comfortable learning environment, without the need to commute to the College.
- Most of our online courses provide you with an accredited, nationally recognised qualification developed by industry leaders.
All you need to get started is a reliable computer, internet connection and a current email address!
A virtual learning environment (VLE) is a web-based platform used to deliver our online learning courses. It stores all the resources, activities and interactions within the course structure and can be used to monitor progress and submit assessments. Depending on the nature of the course you choose to study, the most suitable VLE will be selected to ensure an optimum learning experience.
The virtual learning environments we use are all cloud-based e-learning systems that offer highly customised, responsive learning based on your individual needs. They are secure and straightforward to use. You will receive comprehensive details about how to confidently navigate the system prior to your course commencing, and ongoing technical support is available to ensure the smooth completion of your study.