Online courses provide an engaging, effective, accessible and affordable way to undertake training in your subject of choice, whilst benefiting from the same level of support and guidance from our outstanding tutors.
E-learning is a highly flexible and cost-effective way to complete a fully-accredited training course anytime, anywhere, without the need to attend regular classes on the college site.
- Study at a time and place that suits you
- Increased flexibility and convenience – you can start your course at any time, schedule your study around work, family and other social commitments
- High levels of dedicated one-to-one online support and mentoring from expert tutors
- A more comfortable learning environment, without the need to commute to college
- An individualised learning experience, with the opportunity for focused interaction and concentration – online courses can be a great option for learners who want to build their confidence without the need to participate in traditional class-room discussions
- Online communities and forums with fellow learners to offer discussion, support and information
- The completion of accredited, nationally recognised courses developed by industry leaders
- The opportunity to develop your IT skillset through using a new VLE platform
All you need to get started is a reliable computer, internet connection and email address!
Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs)
A virtual learning environment (VLE) is a web-based platform used to deliver our online learning courses. It stores all the resources, activities and interactions within the course structure and can be used to monitor progress and submit assessments. Depending on the nature of the course you choose to study, the most suitable VLE will be selected to ensure an optimum learning experience.
The majority of our courses are currently run using ‘PEARL’, a cloud-based e-learning system that offers highly customised, responsive learning based on your individual needs.
Highly user-friendly, PEARL is secure and straightforward to use. You will receive comprehensive details about how to confidently navigate the system prior to your course commencing, and ongoing technical support is available to ensure the smooth completion of your study.