Please follow the link on the button below to check if you are eligible for financial assistance.
Financial Support for Students Aged 16-18 Years
- 16-18 Discretionary Bursary Fund
- 16-18 Bursary Fund for Vulnerable Young People
- Free Meals in Further Education
- Childcare Funding for Students Aged Under 20
Financial Support for Students Aged 19 and Over
Your application for Free College Meals can only be made on this website and to be eligible to receive Free College Meals you, or your parent/guardian will need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
When you and/or your parent/guardian make your online application for Free College Meals please note that HCC will use the information you provide to contact other sources as allowed by law to verify your initial and on going entitlement.
How it works
Once you have received confirmation that you are eligible you do not need to do anything else. The College receives this confirmation too so you do not need to inform us in person. Within 24 hours of receiving your Free Meals Entitlement Confirmation, you will be able to access Free College Meals. The College uses a ‘cashless’ system which means that your Free College Meals allowance will be loaded onto your College ID card.
You will be able to buy food/drinks etc. using your College ID card in any of the College student cafes, including CEMAST, to the value of £5.00 for each day that you are timetabled to be at College. Your allowance is reset on a weekly basis. If you do not use it for any reason your weekly amount will be reset for the following week.
If you have any questions about Free College Meals during your time at College, please call into the Student Support Centre in or phone us on 01329 815139.
Please note that as part of the application process you will need to bring your child’s birth certificate or a child benefit letter into College. Your application cannot be finalised until you have provided this evidence to the College so please ensure that you do so when your application tells you to.
If you need help with funding appropriate childcare that suits your needs then please contact Hampshire Family Information Service, where you can search for different types of childcare and find lots of useful information. You can also contact them on tel: 0300 555 1384.