At Fareham College, we believe in providing equal opportunity to all of our people and value the contribution each of our employees make.
We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of the community to enable us to maintain an outstanding service to our learners whilst bringing together our core values – Respect, Innovate and Excel.
Fareham College is a Disability Confident Committed employer. We have a range of benefits to support our employees from application stage, all the way through their employment journey with us.
- A fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process.
- A guaranteed interview for people with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for the job and we provide reasonable adjustments where required.
- Using our Equality & Diversity recruitment data to attract a wider talent pool of candidates.
- Providing Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity Training to our People
- Offering free membership at our onsite Gym
- Discounted rates at our onsite Salon
- Providing an on-site changing room/shower
- Providing a cycle to work incentive and bike racks
- Offering Free Eye Care Vouchers
- Providing free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Conducting an annual wellbeing staff questionnaire and action plan
- Providing mental health first aid trained staff
- Our Wellbeing Committee meets quarterly to review the working practices for all aspects of College life.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing all College policies and procedures relating to equality of opportunity and its promotion on an ongoing basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Local Government Pension scheme for support staff
- Teachers’ Pension scheme for lecturing staff
- Excellent staff development opportunities including one free short College course per year
- Employee Assistance Programme: Here you can tap into a whole range of expertise and advice available to help you make the small changes which could have a big impact on your health, wellbeing and lifestyle.
- Kidz INC Nursery is an Ofsted graded “Outstanding” pre-school and day nursery open to the general public as well as students and College staff.
- Access to our free onsite Gym
- Discounts at our onsite Salon
- Pay per mile cycle incentive
- Free eye test vouchers
- Staff Recommendation scheme – bonus scheme for recommending friends and family for vacancies
- Star Awards: Annual staff recognition scheme & Christmas party
Our people will drive our strategic intent; their value is in their motivation, development and performance.
We will strive to be a contemporary forward-looking employer, that respects our people’s commitment to excelling in their work. Whilst setting high standards, and expecting outstanding results, we will prioritise well-being and always provide safe work environments providing due consideration to flexible working to meet the changing demands of a modern business environment.
We believe that continuous professional development is a key fundamental driver for change and improvement in an organisation, and we hold the effectiveness of college staff as our most valuable and important resource.
If this sounds like you, come and join us.
By 2022 our people will be:
- Responsive & adaptive: Responsive to change, creating new opportunities for meeting new challenges.
- Creative, imaginative and entrepreneurial: Innovators, professionals in their respective fields and commercially aware.
- Collaborative: Promote the benefits of team working through collaboration and taking pride in their work and the College.
- Passionate professionals: Role models committed to continually improving themselves and ultimately the experience and success of our students.
- Accountable: Understand the impact of, and taking responsibility for their actions, particularly in relation to:
- The reputation of the College
- The outcomes of students
- Their personal performance
Bishopsfield Road Campus
Fareham College’s Bishopsfield Road campus provides an outstanding learning environment for the students based here. With £16 million of investment, Fareham’s students have access to excellent facilities, the latest technologies and curriculum-based equipment to support some of the best technical and professional teaching in Hampshire.
Fareham College’s Centre of Excellence in Engineering, Manufacturing and Advanced Skills Training. All Automotive, Engineering and Manufacturing programmes run by Fareham College are delivered at the CEMAST campus, located at the Daedalus airfield in Lee-on-the-Solent. The Centre’s huge contemporary concourse provides an inspiring area in which to work.
Fareham College’s Civil Engineering Training Centre (CETC) was established in 2017 in response to a county-wide skills shortage believed to be hindering civil engineering growth and expansion in the south of England. CETC is a busy and energetic campus, with constant activity taking place as apprentices learn the essentials of the trade.
Some of the salaries for our roles are on a salary scale and we advertise the bottom and top point of the scale. When we offer a role to a candidate, we will conduct a salary assessment which takes into consideration their qualifications and experience and this determines the point on the scale to offer.
We use this process for all roles with a salary scale to ensure a fair and consistent assessment for all employees at Fareham College.
There is a minimum of two members on the short listing panel. All personal details and equality information are removed from the application and sent to the short listing panel. The short listing panel score the applications against each point of the person specification.
The short listing process will take place within 3 weeks of the closing date of the advert in most cases.
References are usually taken up once an offer has been made. However, we reserve the right to take them up prior to the interview date unless you have indicated on your application form that you do not want us to contact your referee prior to an offer being made.
The interview process will vary from role to role. All lecturing positions will include a micro teach to students which will be observed by the interview panel.
Selection methods could include: interview, presentation, relevant skills test, discussions with current Fareham College staff, and a personality assessment.
Fareham College is committed to the Safeguarding of Children and Young People; therefore, any offer of employment is subject to a number of different pre-employment checks which must be deemed as satisfactory to Fareham College. These checks are as follows:
- Receipt of two satisfactory employment references
- Completion of Fareham College’s Criminal Conviction & Barring & Safeguarding Form
- Enhanced DBS check
- Proof you have the right to work in the UK (in accordance with Home Office guidelines)
- Completion of a satisfactory List 99 check
- Proof of relevant qualifications
- Work Health Assessment form
If we do not have any current vacancies that are suitable for you but you would like to receive job alerts for future roles, you can register a profile with us and set up job alert preferences. Once you have registered you will receive email job alerts for roles we advertise which match the preferences you selected.