Traineeships are tailor-made study programmes for young people ages 19-24* who are interested in an Apprenticeship or securing work, but require additional support to build their skills and confidence.
At Fareham College the Traineeship programmes available run for between 10-12 weeks and are specifically designed to support you in the development of vital employability skills helping you stand out to employers.
Providing a mixture of in-classroom learning and work experience placement a Traineeship will provide all the support you need to progress onto an Apprenticeship, into employment or another training course.
Traineeships provide you with important skills to support your journey towards a job including:
- CV writing and job searching
- Interview preparation and training
- Focused work preparation training
- A high quality work placement
- A weekly work-based allowance of £64.50
- English and Maths support – for those that have not achieved GCSE grade C or equivalent
- Progression planning for an Apprenticeship or employment