Traineeships are tailor-made study programmes for young people ages 19-24* who are interested in an Apprenticeship or securing work but require additional support to build their skills and confidence.
At Fareham College, our Traineeship programme runs for six months and is specifically designed to support you in the development of vital employability skills helping you stand out to employers.
Providing a mixture of in-classroom learning and work experience placement a Traineeship will provide all the support you need to progress onto an Apprenticeship, into employment, or another training course.
Traineeships provide you with important skills to support your journey towards a job including:
- CV writing and job searching
- Interview preparation and training
- Focused work preparation training
- A high quality work placement
- A weekly work-based allowance of £60
- English and Maths support – for those that have not achieved GCSE grade C or equivalent
- Progression planning for an Apprenticeship or employment