A traineeship is a tailor-made study programme for young people aged 19-24* who want to work or apply for an apprenticeship, but would like some additional support to build their skills and confidence first.
They usually last for six months and are specifically designed to help you to develop important employability skills that are necessary to find, keep and be successful in a job – and to stand out to potential employers.
Traineeships mix the development of skills and knowledge with a work experience placement to get you ready for an apprenticeship programme or other full time employment.
Our traineeship programmes are designed to fit individual learner needs and will last for a maximum of six months.
Traineeships provide you with important skills to support your journey towards a job including:
- CV writing and job searching
- Interview preparation and training
- Focused work preparation training
- A high quality work placement – from 6 weeks to 6 months
- A weekly work-based allowance of £64.50
- English and Maths support – for those that have not achieved GCSE grade C or equivalent
- Progression planning for an Apprenticeship or employment