This course will teach you the foundation of electrical installation to give you the skills and knowledge to work on-site. You will also benefit from excellent English and Maths lessons to give you the opportunity to progress onto a Level 3 course.
You will learn through a combination of practical lessons in our fully equipped workshops and classroom sessions to gain an understanding of the essential theories relating to electrical installation.
The skills you will learn include:
- The principles of electrical science
- How to install electrical wiring systems
- Safely enclosing electrical installations
- Use of electrical technology
- Engineering health and safety.
You are expected to complete 100 hours of work experience which will be supported through the College.
Availability & Enrolment:
Will I have to pay fees?
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.