Following on from yesterday’s update. The College will continue to remain open. We have had no confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Based on updated Government guidance, we have taken further measures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and students:
- We will cease all work experience;
- We will cancel all trips and visits;
- Mock exams for GCSE’s will be cancelled; Other exams will continue for now, but in small groups and with increased distance between candidates;
- We will close the Gym, Restaurant and Salon;
- We will not have any on-site meetings attended by external visitors;
This is a rapidly changing situation and we respect the decisions that parents may be making for themselves and their families, particularly if there are other vulnerabilities in the family home and beyond
We support anyone who makes the decision to self-isolate and will ensure we support your child’s education by updating all learning materials onto our Virtual Learning Environment (Oracle) site.
At this point, the Government advice is, If your child has a new continuous cough and/or high temperature (37.8 degrees or higher) they should stay at home for 7 days or if you have a family member in the home that has self-isolated, your child should self-isolate for 14 days .
If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms and is self-isolating, please contact the College attendance line on 01329 815200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where possible teaching and learning activity will not be disrupted.